You might be familiar with Wealthy Affiliate as a great platform for affiliate marketing training. But do you know the Wealthy Affiliate web service is one of the best hosting WordPress website providers available? To get the best web hosting with WordPress sites, is to opt for managed WordPress hosting.
This might make you wonder what is the best managed WordPress hosting provider? And what is web hosting provider including in services? I recommend the best hosting WordPress website platform, to be offered by Wealthy Affiliate web service.
But, before we look at the best WordPress website hosting, you might be wondering what is WordPress.
What Is WordPress?
According to Wikipedia, WordPress is an open-source Content Management System (CMS). It is written in PHP and is paired with either a MySQL or MariaDB Database.
WordPress is a flexible and customizable website builder and content management system. It is one of the most popular CMS solutions available today and is used by almost half of all the website.
If you are using WordPress as your Content Management System, then dedicated WordPress hosting is recommended. You can have a shared WordPress plan, or a managed WordPress account.
Many people get confused between web hosting and WordPress hosting, so let’s have a look at what is web hosting and what is WordPress hosting.
What is WordPress Hosting?
Web hosting is an umbrella term and there are lots of different types of web hosting. WordPress hosting is one of them. WordPress hosting is a specific niche, tailored to WordPress websites.
So, WordPress hosting is basically web hosting that is optimized to run WordPress websites. A WordPress host caters specifically for WordPress and therefore offers customized solutions, services and support. This will optimize the performance of your WordPress website.
By using best hosting WordPress website providers, you have access to lots of tools and services that are specifically tailored for WordPress sites. WordPress hosting is optimized to meet the performance and security needs of WordPress websites in a better way.
Basically your WordPress website will be running more efficiently, if you use dedicated WordPress hosting. The technical aspects of running WordPress, including security and speed, is part of what is web hosting provider managing.
Depending on which WordPress host you use, the services vary. It typically includes one-click WordPress install, which makes it very easy to get started with WordPress.
Types of WordPress Hosting
Best web hosting with WordPress are available in 2 ways: shared WordPress hosting and managed WordPress hosting.
- Shared WordPress hosting works like traditional web hosting and will host many websites, but they will all be WordPress sites. With shared WordPress hosting, you share a server with other websites. The server is still optimized for WordPress, you just don’t have it all to yourself. Shared WordPress hosting is cheaper than managed WordPress hosting.
- But with managed WordPress hosting, your host provider can deal with back end operations, such as updating your WordPress and keeping it secure. Some WordPress hosting providers will even automatically update your WordPress software as needed. This feature is actually very important, as it is essential to keep your site secure.
Generally speaking WordPress hosting is faster than shared hosting. The best WordPress website hosting is provided by Wealthy Affiliate web service.
What To Look For In WordPress Hosting Providers
There are some important factors to consider when you are comparing what is web hosting provider offering. When choosing a WordPress website hosting platform, these are the key factors to keep in mind:
- Speed of loading your page: Your ranking can be impacted if your website loads slowly. The Site Rubix platform provided by Wealthy Affiliate, has one of the most powerful servers in the world. Site speed is the core focal point with Site Rubix platform that is hosted by Wealthy Affiliate.
- Uptime guarantee.
- Mirror site: If for some weird or wonderful reason your website did crash, WA run a mirror site, so you will never miss out on visitors. They are the only website hosting platform that offers that feature.
- Security: Any website can be the target of spammers and Wealthy Affiliate has extensive knowledge to help prevent hacking and spam, even before it happens. So your website is shielded through several layers of security. WA also offers Site Health, Site Feedback and Site Comments, all essential features when you are running an online business with WordPress platform. Wealth Affiliate is the only WordPress hosting site that offers this feature, which makes them my no. 1 choice for best web hosting with WordPress.
- Server accessibility and resources like processors, bandwidth, memory etc.
- Unique and hard to create configurations like staging, NGINX etc.
- Dedicated support team to answer all you WordPress specific queries and provide technical support.
- Plan bonuses, so free SSL certification, WordPress themes, WordPress plugins, builders etc.
If you do not want to build a WordPress site, then Wealthy Affiliate web service might not be right for you. If that is the case, you might find this post on 3 Best Website Hosting Service Providers helpful.
Advantages of Managed WordPress Hosting
What is the best managed WordPress hosting typically offers these benefits:
- Incredibly fast speeds: Better hardware specs mean speedier WordPress sites. Servers for managed WordPress hosting is specifically configured for WordPress. Thus, even if your website gets tons of traffic, they are still blazing fast.
- Server-side caching: Caching is one of the biggest things you can do to speed up your WordPress site. You normally need a plugin to handle caching, but managed WordPress hosts give you better caching, without you having to do any work.
- Better security: Managed WordPress hosting providers have very tight security layers that actively scan for malware and block all hacking attempts. So, apart from regular malware scans and intrusion detection, you also get WordPress specific firewalls. This means with a managed WordPress hosting provider, you have a more secure site that is virtually hacker proof.
- Daily Backups: WordPress managed hosts create daily backups and if you ever need to revert back, they offer restore points.
- Expert support: Support staff is highly trained in everything WordPress. So you can use their expertise to advice you on plugins and solve problems quicker.
- No downtime: Your website will probably never go down, regardless of the amount of traffic you get.
- Automatic updates: Updates are done automatically, so you do not need to worry about it. Keeping your WordPress website up to date, is an essential security measure.
- Staging sites: Many WordPress hosts offer staging sites. This allows you to test changes to your website, before going live.
Managed WordPress hosting is a great option for those with limited time or technical expertise with running a website.
Disadvantages of Managed WordPress Hosting
With so many good things about what is the best managed WordPress hosting, you might be wondering if there are any negative points:
- Price: Managed WordPress hosting is normally significantly more expensive than shared hosting. Shared hosting plans start at as little as $2.49 / month, whereas managed WordPress hosting is at least double that amount. But, you get what you pay for, and managed WordPress hosting provides you with far more features and benefits, than shared hosting.
- Less control: Because somebody else is managing all the technical aspects of running your website, you don’t have as much say in what is changed. But, you might not have the technical knowledge or expertise, which is why you have opted for managed WordPress hosting in the first place. And you don’t want the hassle of managing the website.
- Limits: You are often limited to running only WordPress based sites, as the servers are configured for WordPress. But, if you have a WordPress site, then you were looking for WordPress hosting. Some managed WordPress hosting providers block certain plugins that might slow down your site. This could be an issue for some large companies.
Which One To Choose?
General advice is that beginner bloggers should go for cheap shared WordPress hosting, whereas sites with high volumes of traffic, should choose what is the best managed WordPress hosting they can afford.
If you are just starting a blog, then you can start with regular WordPress hosting, which is more affordable than managed WordPress hosting. The decision will boil down to your needs.
You can run WordPress sites on shared hosting or VPS as well, but managed WordPress hosting is giving you a customized setup for WordPress.
The more features that are offered by the host, the higher the tier and the cost of the plan.
If budget is you main concern, go with shared hosting. But if you don’t want to be tearing your hair out trying to figure out technicalities of caching, then go with managed WordPress hosting.
But remember, time is also money. As a beginner you might find it overwhelming just to stay on top of updates and configuring caching. If you don’t want any of those worries, go with managed WordPress hosting.
You might be spending more money, but you will not have to spend time to manage the performance of your website.
Best Hosting WordPress Website Provider
If you are wondering what is the best web hosting with WordPress, I recommend Wealthy Affiliate. Wealthy Affiliate is beginner friendly and is an awesome solution for building and managing WordPress websites. It has been tested and proved since 2005.
Wealthy Affiliate has an all-inclusive platform, where you get training in affiliate marketing, together with world-class hosting. You can build your website with SiteRubix and even have Jaaxy keyword research as part of Premium membership. Read my full review on Wealthy Affiliate here.
Most people that join Wealthy Affiliate, want to build a sustainable online business and get training. So, to have website hosting as part of the package, is a great deal.
Wealthy Affiliate has one of the best hosting services and with them you also get training. Apart from building your website, you get training in affiliate marketing, and wonderful support from the community. With Wealthy Affiliate you are effectively part of a big online family.
Wealthy Affiliate Web Service
The Wealthy Affiliate web service uses the SiteRubix platform to build and manage WordPress websites. (you can read the SiteRubix review here).
The SiteRubix hosting platform is robust and powerful and leverages the WordPress framework. With SiteRubix, Wealthy Affiliate has developed the most sophisticated and secure website platform in the industry.
Currently Wealthy Affiliate uses Amazon’s C3 Cloud hosting servers. The servers are some of the fastest in the industry, with an average page load time of 1.3 seconds. It has data centers all around the world. The same hosting solution is used by major companies like Netflix.
It provides a secure and powerful service and is not a regular hosting account where you get a full-featured control panel. Wealthy Affiliate takes care of the technology, giving you time to focus on your business.
Hosting your WordPress website, is secure and powerful. You can feel safe running your business on Wealthy Affiliate, with them taking care of the technical side.
Key Features of Wealthy Affiliate Web Service
SSL: Wealthy Affiliate hosting provides free SSL certificates on all websites hosted by them.
Security and spam protection is most important as you do not want to fall victim to hackers. SitePlus+ at WA makes your website load safely and securely with site protection against spam. There are several layers of security that shield your websites, thus, they can prevent hacking and spam even before it happens.
When you use the best hosting WordPress website and host at Wealthy Affiliate, you don’t have to worry about security issues. If you host elsewhere, you have to take care of security yourself. Do daily backup of your content, install anti-spam plugins and monitor security issues. Or pay far more for these services that you get at Wealthy Affiliate.
Site speed is one of the core focal points with SiteRubix hosting platform at Wealthy Affiliate. Average page load time is 1.3 seconds. Site Speed is a feature you can toggle on and off in your website manager, and choose between Accelerated and Extreme.
Speed is one of the key factors for SEO.
Reliability and uptime: They do daily backups of all websites that are hosted at Wealthy Affiliate. So if you ever mess up on the technological side, Wealthy Affiliate will get your site back up and running again. Have “double” hosting, so they run a “mirror” of your website. This maximized uptime.
24/7 support: Site support gives you direct access to server administrators. You can either submit a ticket or email them. I don’t often have the need to contact Site Support. But any queries have always been dealt with in a matter of minutes.
Have access to Site Manager, where you can see the details of all you websites in one place. You can enable and disable features, monitor backups, see total post count, as well as have access to Site Health.
Comparison Of Best Web Hosting With WordPress
This is how Wealthy Affiliate compare to other Managed WordPress plans:
The Premium membership might be more than some other managed WordPress hosting services. But, you get far more than just a hosting solution. You also have access to all the training, webinars, forums and tutorials.
With Wealthy Affiliate Premium membership, you get the ability to build and host WordPress websites. You can also set up an email address for every domain that is hosted at Wealthy Affiliate.
Summary of Wealthy Affiliate Web Service
- 10 Managed WordPress websites are included.
- Optimized, fully managed WordPress hosting.
- Free SSL certificates.
- Super easy website builder.
- Instant DNS set-up.
- Free domain transfer.
- Monitoring of Site Health.
- Fast reliable servers without downtime.
- Bandwidth of 500,000 visitors per month.
- Free domain email addresses.
- Hosting speed is optimized for faster website loading.
- Close monitoring of your website. Will automatically remove infected plugin and themes.
- Unlimited data transfer.
- Responsive 24/7 technical support.
- Cloudbased supported by Amazon.
- Full daily website backups.
- Full redundancy.
- Option for monthly billing. Do get a big discounts with the yearly plan, so worth considering.
Customer reviews on Trustpilot give them 4.8 / 5.
Hosting your WordPress website, is secure and powerful. You can feel safe running your business on Wealthy Affiliate, with them taking care of the technical side. Transferring to Wealthy Affiliate is easy and quick.
Cons Of Wealthy Affiliate Web Service
When we consider Wealthy Affiliate and what is web hosting provider offering, there is not much I can criticize:
- Offer only WordPress hosting.
- No access to the cPanel of your website to manage files and folders. Site Support though will help you with it.
- No telephone support. Personally I prefer using the Site Support ticket that one can submit.
Best Hosting WordPress Website With Wealthy Affiliate
If you want to take your business online, then you need a website and a web hosting provider. Combining your WordPress site with managed WordPress hosting, creates the ultimate package.
Wealthy Affiliate isn’t just a web hosting service in the classical sense of the word. Apart from providing excellent web hosting, they also offer an all-in-one affiliate marketing business building service.
It is this package, that makes them my top recommendation.
So if you want more than just web hosting, but also want training, then choose Wealthy Affiliate. You will learn from the best marketers at Wealthy Affiliate.
If Wealthy Affiliate is not right for you, or you do not need training, then these are the best alternatives.
If you are concerned that your website is polluting the planet, then look at GreenGeeks. They offer eco friendly website hosting using renewable energy to offset their carbon footprint. You can read the full review on GreenGeeks here.
I have been using the Wealthy Affiliate website hosting service since April 2019, and I have never had my 2 websites down.
Do check out all the options and at the end of the day, you need to choose the one that feels right for you and suits your needs.
If you have any questions about what is web hosting provider including, or what is the best managed WordPress hosting, then please leave them in the comments below.