Choosing the best web builder software can be challenging, as there are so many popular choices available. But, popular does not always mean best web page builder software.
Using a website builder is a quick and easy way to build a presence for an online business or brand. Simple website builder software, will simplify your site management by combining domain registration, website hosting and site design into one platform.
If you are not too tech savvy, then choosing the easiest website building software with a drag and drop editor, is the best. If you would like to build your own website, then selecting the best web building software, is the first thing you need to do. Coupling the best website building program with the best web hosting service, is essential for your business success in the digital space.
We’ll help you decide which is the best website builder for your needs.
Disclosure : I do have affiliate links on this site. If you click on any and make a purchase, it will not cost you anything more and will help me to bring you more reviews. These are my own opinions based on my experience and research.
What Is A Website Builder?
A website builder, also known as a website creator or website maker, is a special kind of content management system (CMS). It is a layer that sits on your content management system and simplifies the entire process of creating a website. It utilizes:
- Pre-populated web pages.
- Ready to use applications.
- Power of Gutenberg block building.
- No development knowledge is required, thus making it a much more intuitive process for anybody that wants to build a website.
Website builders were designed with small website projects in mind, whereas traditional content management systems were for large websites.
The best web builder software enables you to manage a domain name and website without manual coding. So, the tool helps you build a website, without needing coding. Instead, it relies on something called WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get), to get you online.
Before website builders arrived, you needed to know HTML and CSS to create a website. The best website building program, helps anybody to easily create a website in minutes.
A website builder is used to create personal websites and blogs. They are very popular as they enable you to get your website up and running very quickly. It also allows you to make changes to your website yourself, so there is no need for additional expense of paying a programmer.
So what are the features of the best web page builder software that make them so popular?
Features Of The Best Web Builder Software
- Use drag and drop editors to move content around and publish your website in minutes.
- Comes with pre-designed templates. You can choose premade, responsive themes for your website. There are designs for every type of business, so great if you are a blogger or small business owner.
- Affordability: website builders start at about $5 per month and can provide both hosting and a domain name.
- Very quick and super easy to set up, and can be completed in 30 minutes or less.
- The built-in features make it easy to manage your website backend. You can tweak settings for your SEO, online visibility, marketing, contact information and more.
- Some website builders, like SiteRubix, come with a free trial period of at least 7 days.
- Tools come with helpful support and you can contact support staff via live chat, telephone or email.
- Third-party integration: integration with other tools like email marketing providers, payment gateways and pop-up apps, are available from some website builders.
- SEO and Google features like syncing with Google My Business, provides better local SEO.
- Custom content blocks, like appointment bookings, restaurant menus, Google maps and more, should be available for you to create.
- Blogging capabilities: find a website builder that makes blogging easy and enables you to import your content from other platforms like WordPress.
- Look out for advanced eCommerce features like coupon codes, inventory tracking and abandoned cart emails.
The simple website builder software is perfect for non-techies. So, even if you hate technology, use the easiest website building software and learn how to quickly build a beautiful website.
Benefits Of Using The Easiest Website Building Software
Do your website yourself and you save thousands of dollars in fees to a web designer. If you have tried it before and found it confusing, then using simple website builder software, will help you to easily create unique websites.
- You can build an awesome looking website even if you have no experience of making a website.
- Get a website up and running in very little time.
- It is a cost effective way of building a website as there is no need to pay a web developer.
- Limitless customizations with Gutenberg blocks and plugins. But who will
But who will benefit from using the best web building software?
Who Uses Simple Website Builder Software?
Those that benefit most from web building toolkits, are affiliate marketers, people who run a small business, or entrepreneurs who sell goods or services online.
The first thing is to decide what your website will be used for. Is it some type of business, are you creating content about your passion, or is it an eCommerce store?
Whatever your online strategy and budget, this is the shortlist of the best website builders. Increasingly web hosting providers, like Hostgator and Bluehost, are launching their own website builders.
Gator From HostGator
Gator website builder from Hostgator is an awesome low cost website builder with some of the easiest website building software. The value for money starter package comes with hosting.
Gator is a robust tool that features beautiful templates, strong uptime, as well as the ability to sell products, including digital downloads. The well-rounded tool has everything you need to quickly set up your blog or start selling products.
It has eCommerce functionality, free SSL certificate, free domain for the first year and unmetered bandwidth and storage.
More than 200 web templates that are all fully customizable to easily get your website looking exactly the way you want it to be. Commonly used design elements such as images, videos, columns, text boxes, contact forms and maps, are part of the drag and drop interface of the simple website building software.
There are also a good number of mobile friendly themes available, so you can be sure your website looks good on all devices.
Comes with a built in stock library, which is ideal if you don’t have access to top quality photography equipment. Let’s have a look at the reasons to buy the best web page builder software from Hostgator.
Reasons To Buy Gator
- Powerful, intuitive, yet simple drag and drop builder.
- Well designed interface.
- Strong uptime.
- Easily switch themes.
- Attractive, modern site templates.
- Royalty-free stock photography.
- Lets you sell digital downloads.
- A good number of features.
- All tiers accept some form of payment.
So which are the areas where the easiest website building software can be improved?
Downsides of Gator
- Blog building options are fairly basic.
- There is no free plan, but Hostgator does offer discounts on annual plans.
- Cannot schedule blog posts.
- Limited editing options for photos and you can basically only resize images.
- Tiny app store.
But Gator’s quick, professional and well-designed sites, should work extremely well for small businesses and anyone starting their first project online. So how much will the best web building software from Hostgator cost you?
Gator Plans And Prices
Gator’s plans are generous and available in three versions: Please note that these are the costs for annual billing.
- Express Start Plan starts a $3.46/month. It includes 3 email marketing campaigns, a 3-product online store, unlimited storage and unlimited monthly data transfers.
- The Express Site Plan starts at $5.39/month. It builds on the Start Plan and includes 5 email marketing campaigns and 10-product capacity online store. Also, has an appointment booking tool and priority support.
- Express Store Plan costs $8.30/month and builds on the Site Plan. It includes 10 email marketing campaigns, unlimited store products and zero transaction fees.
This is how the intuitive and simple website builder software works:
- As with most website builders, the first step is to choose a template for your site. Gator has more than 200 attractive and modern templates and some features full background images.
- Select the template you want and the builder interface will open with a dummy site. You will be taken through the interface in a step-by-step process.
- Answer a few questions about your site, and the Artificial Intelligence tool will convert it into a cool design.
- Insert a logo (if you want to).
- Add images from the image library, or add your own.
- Customize the fonts, colors, theme, navigation and much more.
- Gator automatically creates your site in an optimized layout.
- Launch your site.
You can drag any element to anywhere on a page. There is a good selection of layout options, with guidelines to help you line up items you place in your page.
Gator uses right-click context menus. You can also drag buttons, social feeds, contact forms, a PayPal button and a sound player, using Soundcloud, onto your page.
There are dozens of gallery layouts, including grid, horizontal and vertical choices, with or without titles. A slideshow view will open if a site visitor clicks on your gallery.
This video will walk you through the process.
If you need additional support with anything, several video tutorials are available. There is 24-hour technical support for all users, as well as free analytics solutions to keep you posted on how your website is performing.
Gator is the cheapest option for small businesses.
BlueHost, the popular web hosting provider, recently launched a WordPress focused website builder. It is built on top of WordPress, has drag and drop editing, live editing, mobile editing and stock image repository.
You will find the Bluehost website builder reviews helpful to walk you through the entire process of creating a unique website with Bluehost.
Integration with WordPress allows you to set up your website using WordPress. It includes more than 300 templates, full access to WordPress and custom CSS. WordPress is the backbone of the BlueHost website builder.
The BlueHost web builder gives you the tools to make attractive and dependable pages, as well as eCommerce options. ECommerce functionality is a big draw and WooCommerce is one of the best WordPress plugins out there.
You can switch between mobile and desktop previews to see how your site looks on different displays.
These are the reasons to buy the best web builder software from Bluehost.
Reasons To Buy BlueHost Website Builder
- Accessible, alternative website builder for BlueHost users.
- Large library of templates and stock photographs.
- Eases you into learning WordPress content management system.
- Excellent uptime.
- WooCommerce storefronts.
- Free SSL certificates.
- Can easily switch between Builder and WordPress Builder.
- Very helpful customer support.
But, there are also areas where the simple website builder software from Bluehost can be improved.
Downsides Of Bluehost Website Builder
- No free option, but it is reasonably priced.
- Limited image editing
- Cannot switch themes, although it has endless customizable features.
- Sections could be more intelligently organized.
So how much will the best web page builder software from Bluehost cost you?
Bluehost Plans And Prices
Three plans are offered and these are the costs: Be aware these are the costs for an annual plan.
- BlueHost Website Builder Basic plan: $2.95/month.
- BlueHost Website Builder Pro plan: $9.95/month.
- BlueHost Website Builder Online Store: $24.95/month.
Using the website builder gives you a more streamlined way to create professional looking websites. You simply type keywords into the generator, and the builder will create a starting point.
When you set up your BlueHost builder website, you will choose a theme, fonts and color scheme. Although you cannot change your main theme, you have endless ways to customize the theme with the drag and drop templates. Numerous visual components, such as fonts and background colors, can be altered within a selected template.
So, once you have picked your theme, you cannot change it. With SiteRubix website builder you can change your theme anytime you want.
This video will walk you through the entire process.
There is a no questions asked 30-day money back guarantee that offers partial and full refund. This is more than enough reassurance to have peace of mind when you try BlueHost website builder.
At the moment you won’t be able to move to another host. When it comes to technology of the best web builder software, it is talking to a Bluehost server. However, they are working on it.
SiteRubix Best Website Building Program
The easiest website building software is available on the Wealthy Affiliate platform with SiteRubix. You first step is to create an account on the Wealthy Affiliate platform, if you are not already a member.
Wealthy Affiliate has access to thousands of website themes. Free themes are perfect to use if they suit your needs. If you have specific needs that are not met by a free theme, you can opt for a paid theme with the features that will suit your needs.
Reasons To Build A Website With SiteRubix
Features at a glance of the best web building software:
- Blazing speed.
- Cutting edge security.
- Real time data backup.
- Search engine optimization.
- 30 second set-up.
- It is the only plan where you Start FREE.
- Instant domain availability.
Features Of SiteRubix
- Site builder and staging area: SiteRubix websites are built on the WordPress framework. If you have ever had a self-hosted WordPress site, you will have no problems navigating the dashboard. A staging area is a spot in which you can evaluate your website, prior to taking it live. You can set up a staging area to test any changes before publishing.
- Super Speed: SiteRubix websites are hosted on Amazon C3.100 servers. Their site speed is enabled, thus making your website lightening fast to load on any device.
- Bandwidth and disk space: with the free SiteRubix website, you can get up to 500K visitors per month, for free. I am sure you will agree with me, that it is a huge amount of visitors. With both Premium memberships, you get 30GB disk space, which is loads. With that much space you can for instance store 300K+ 100kb images.
- Full redundancy and BotNet security: Uptime at Wealthy Affiliate is approximately 99.4%, so your site will always be live on the internet. BotNet security drastically reduces the chance of getting spam. Thus, you can focus on other things, like creating content, without worrying about the security of your website.
- Enterprise security and daily backups: Wealthy Affiliate and SiteRubix spend a lot of time protecting the platform against hackers. Daily backups are done as added security. It means you do not have to do your own backups, unless you want to back up specific images or files. In the unlikely event of the threat of malware on your site, Wealthy Affiliate can have you up and running again in a short period of time.
The entire process is explained in this video
SiteRubix is also built on WordPress, one of the most popular content management systems.
Wealthy Affiliate has one of the best hosting services and with them you also get training. This includes building your website, affiliate marketing and wonderful support from the community and site support.
With Wealthy Affiliate you are effectively part of a big online family. So if you want more than just website building and hosting, but also want training, then choose Wealthy Affiliate.
If you want to have an online store, you can easily set it up by using the Woocommerce plugin.
So how much will the best web builder software with SiteRubix and Wealthy Affiliate cost you?
SiteRubix With Wealthy Affiliate Plans And Prices
These are the three plans offered:
Annual billing will save you money
- Premium $495 / year (a saving of $100).
- Premium Plus $995 / year (a saving of $200).
Verdict On The Best Web Page Builder Software
There is great variety in terms of the type and number of website builders available today. A website builder removes the need for you to know any coding.
- Gator, Hostgator’s excellent website builder, offers the tools to build an attractive website quickly and without breaking the bank. It is the cheapest option if you want to accept online payments. Not many rival website builders offer payment options at the low level plans. Although you can sell online with any plan, you are limited to 3 products with the lowest priced plan. There are also additional transaction fees with the lower and mid priced plans.
- Bluehost has very good eCommerce options with unlimited store products.
- SiteRubix and Wealthy Affiliate is the best website building program for beginners and experienced affiliate marketers. It offers you much more than just website building. Hosting is included and you have access to ongoing training and site support. It is the only plan where you can start free.
If you have any questions or suggestions about the best web building software, please leave them in the comments below and I will get back to you.
36 thoughts on “The Best Web Builder Software To Create Your Own Website”
They each have their own pros and cons, but SiteRubix on Wealthy Affiliate is such a good deal, you get training and other tools in addition to website building and hosting, which can help to increase your chance of success.
Bluehost and Gator are nice as well, but not having a free plan is one of their biggest disadvantages.
Thank you for sharing.
Being able to start for free with SiteRubix and Wealthy Affiliate, is certainly a very big advantage. With the added advantage of getting training, it is the best choice for affiliate marketers.
In all the blogs so far I’ve reviewed, this one is technical talking about website building and hosting services. Three platforms are discussed Gator, Bluehost and SiteRubix. Indeed the last one is the winner for affiliate marketing aspirants! No doubt, being with WealthyAffiliate, I’m already using and experiencing SiteRubix! Well written blog. Good comparison. Good pointers at the bottom of the post for more similar reviews! Thanks for providing the opportunity to comment on the blog post. Have great times!
SiteRubix is indeed a great site for affiliate marketers. The simple website builder software will have you up and running with a website in a matter of minutes. All the best.
First of all. I must say thank you for doing this site, I would have definitely used this site’s info if I were just starting.
Well organized and informative; the site layout is well done easy to navigate. I am especially curious about the LCS2, it is for sure something I want to explore more.
Thank you again for this info,!
It is good to know that you found the information helpful and easy to navigate. All the best.
Very impressive review on these three web builders, Although, that Gator seems to offer a very cheap and alternative payment plan it still has some shortcomings as in no free starter plan and that alone can repel a lot of beginners as most beginners will want to start for free and see how it goes. This is where SiteRubix comes first for it not only gives beginners free starters pack but also gives training and supports with hosting. Bluehost is not really beginners friendly, The Themes cannot be switched and it has limited image editing. However, it still has good WooCommerce storefronts and efficient customer support.
As a beginner it is always beneficial to have the option to start something for free. I built this website on SiteRubix and find it the easiest website building software and can certainly recommend it.
This was so helpful! These reviews are so in-depth and definitely helpful for those that are struggling to figure out what web builder software to use. I have also heard a lot about square space. Have you had any experience with that? How does that hold up to Gator or Blue Host? Looking forward to your response.
Hi there, I do not have personal experience with Squarespace. I built this website on SiteRubix and can say it is the easiest website builder software to use. I hope it helps.
Nice article. You remind me 13 years ago … building a website was very difficult – a thing only for the techie.
Even people like me who were tech ethusiates back then needed atleast 30 days to come up with an ugly looking site.
Looking back and now reading this article reminds me of how far we have become because with say siterubix I can literally build a site in as little as 30 seconds.
Thank you for the beautiful memory and reminder of the strides made in technology
Technology has certainly come a long way and using what is a drag-and-drop website builder, means you can literally build a website in minutes, rather than hours or days. The easiest website building software does make it very quick and easy to produce a beautiful website.
Good review about the difference ways to passive incomes. But it’s hard to pass up SiteRubix for beginners, with a free starter plan, website, trainings and hosting support. This is my first time hearing about Blue Host and Gator. Thank you for the detail overview to assist with building your own website.
SiteRubix is the easiest website building software and a gem to use. I would certainly recommend it to anybody wanting to build their own website. All the best
I totally agree with your presentations of the 3 builder software. Personally,I’ve used WA and I am content. I’ve found that it suited my business website as well as my blogs. However, I know someone who used HostGator and she was also quite satisfied, though she told me that she didn’t have much support as a beginner. But as you noted well in your article, you should choose the website builder according to your needs and your business.
Website building is not a case of one-size-fits-all, so it is good to have choices and select the one that best suits your needs.
Your article about the best web builder software is very comprehensive and offers several solutions. Creating a website can be a daunting experience, but with the information you have provided in this article, it should cause no problems for someone new to the process. I like that you have offered three options and not just focused on one, and the comprehensive information you have provided makes it easy to make a decision. Thanks a lot.
It has become a lot easier to build a website with the drag-and-drop software that is available. Different website builders cater for a variety of needs. As a beginner, I think it is good to combine website building with training. All the best,Liné
You’ve done a nice job of comparing Host Gator, Bluehost and SiteRubix. Each has its own pros and cons, indeed. In fact, many years ago I used the services from Host Gator to build a website but it did end up becoming expensive for all the things that I needed. So eventually I stopped using them. All in all, you really can’t beat the value and convenience you get with Site Rubix and Wealthy Affiliate. Plus, the free starter package is appealing for those who want to test the waters. Thanks for sharing all these great insights.
SiteRubix and Wealthy Affiliate is a formidable combination, while HostGator and Bluehost also provide amazing tools for building your own website. There is something to provide the best for each individual’s needs.
I used to use Hostgator to both host and build my websites. They were good and very affordable, although I did find the C-Panel a little daunting at the time and there was quite a learning curve. I believe they have simplified the procedure over the last few years.
Once I joined Wealthy Affiliate, it was a no brainer to move all my sites over to Site Rubix. I love how you can set up a site in five minutes or less and it just takes all the tech stuff out, leaving me free to focus on content, which is the life blood of any website.
The price is higher, but you are not only getting hosting here but also training, certificates and security for your websites that you would have to pay extra for on the others in any case.
You are quite right that with SiteRubix and Wealthy Affiliate, you get a package with training, hosting, support and everything you need. So no need to pay separately for security or other features, as with most other website hosts.
Wait, so basically it’s like buying a niche and whatever topic you decide to do on it will automatically generate the stuff on the topic you decided to choose and will put similar things that are related to it?
To be honest, I never knew a website builder even existed, I thought when you have WordPress you would choose the template you want to focus on what you are talking about and promote the products through.
I got say to people who came up with it has made lives easier when building a website, I do too will watch videos on it to get a better understanding but will bookmark this page because it is what you recommended the site and I can only see why I would buy it because I have no yet ever seen any other company selling a website builder.
Blue host seems more promising than any other company, even though it’s a bit more expensive, I would get it because the prices would match the work that the company offers and a better experience too.
Several website hosting companies also offer a web builder with drag-and-drop features to build your own website in a very short time.
This site is very informative and kept me engaged the whole time! Alot of strong points.
the way you started with answering probably the most common question on this subject
“What is a website builder?”
Then, moving more into depth on features and benefits. hitting real key points.
The site is well put together, Great work!
There are many benefits to using the best web builder software to create your own website. It is good to know that you found the post helpful.
Before Web Builder Software, I used to work with Bluehost; I used Dreamweaver to create my own code. And I used Bluehost just for hosting my client sites.
I found WordPress suitable for people that don’t know to code. For me, it is a bit frustrating, so I ended up codding a bit inside it to get the results I wanted. And I can see how it is beneficial for people to start new doing online businesses.
Now, all my domains are with WA. I am content about WA; the site support and all the help I am getting from the affiliates are priceless.
Thank you for sharing your personal experience. Wealthy Affiliate is an awesome platform that offers much more than just website building, but also training, web hosting and phenomenal support from the community and site support.
I tried Bluehost the first time I tried blogging and as I was merely a newbie it was quite difficult to understand how everything worked. Wasted some money, but then I found Wealthy Affiliate which offered absolutely everything someone might need to start their own website. Not only that, but this platform also guides you every step of the way making it more accessible for anyone to expand their knowledge base.
Wealthy Affiliate is my number one recommendation when it comes to web builder software and hosting a website, specially for beginners. The community support and training available with Wealthy Affiliate, is superb, and will help you to set up a solid foundation for your online business.
Individuals, entrepreneurs, and small businesses can use website builders to create a website without hiring a developer. Finding the best website builder, on the other hand, can be difficult for beginners.
The best website builder for you is determined by your specific requirements. There are many options, so combing through all of the free providers for a simple website and all of the e-commerce website builders for a more sophisticated business website can be time-consuming.
Wealthy Affiliate is a great deal for me because you get training and other tools in addition to website building and hosting, which can help you succeed.
Wealthy Affiliate is indeed an awesome deal, with training and community support as part of it. It offers more than just a website builder and I would certainly recommend it for beginners.
Very comprehensive article and 3 great website builders have very detailed comparisons and features explained.
I personally have used Bluehost and SiteRubix, and is still using the latter. Each website builder has a YouTube to demonstrate step-by-step instructions, very easy to follow. I’m sure readers can make a choice based on their own experience and interest!
Thank you for sharing your experience with BlueHost and SiteRubix. Many readers do not have the experience, hence they are looking for recommendations on the best web builder software to create your own website. All the best.
Thank you so much for this very detailed review. It was extremely helpful and very appropriate for me as I am reviewing various options for website hosting. I have a Bluehost website and have some UX issues, it just isn’t intuitive enough for me. I don’t think Gator is a good option for what I want to do so I suppose I will be giving Wealthy Affiliate a try. The other offerings beyond website hosting do sound attractive. Thanks for this great review.
It is good to know that your found the review helpful. All the best in selecting the best web builder software to create your own website.